Delta Dental of Oklahoma
As a not-for-profit dental benefits company, it is the mission of Delta Dental of Oklahoma (DDOK) to improve the oral health of all Oklahomans. DDOK strives to accomplish this mission by:
- providing quality dental benefits plans to more than one million Oklahomans, and
- by donating 50 percent of annual contribution to reserves to its Foundation to advance dental education and access to care.*
Delta Dental of Oklahoma Foundation
The Delta Dental of Oklahoma Foundation is a 501(c)3 charitable foundation that seeks to improve the oral health of Oklahomans by:
- Providing grants to free and low-cost dental clinics and programs that help provide care to those less fortunate
- Publishing the Resource for Dental Care guide and newsletter to help connect dental care resources to each other and to those in need
- Conducting the annual Oklahoma Mission of Mercy (OkMOM) along with our partners, Oklahoma Dental Association and Oklahoma Dental Foundation
- Educating thousands of elementary age school children each year about good oral hygiene and dental disease prevention through our Captain Supertooth and MouthScience programs
- Supporting the University of Oklahoma College of Dentistry and its outreach and educational programs
- Awarding scholarships to dental students who intend to practice in Oklahoma upon graduation, increasing the number of dentists in our state
- Establishing undergraduate scholarship endowments at state universities with pre-dental programs
In 2018, the Foundation celebrated its 20th anniversary, which coincided with Delta Dental of Oklahoma passing the $20 million mark in total contributions. Of course, funding is only the beginning. These programs would not be possible but for the tireless efforts of volunteer dental professionals, staff and educators.
We are also grateful for the Delta Dental of Oklahoma subscribers, providers, clients and broker network, whose support of Delta Dental allows our Foundation the resources to make a positive impact on the lives of Oklahomans through advancement of oral health.
Historical Funding Pie Chart
*Foundation funding is based on a three-year rolling average of DDOK's annual net contribution to reserves, not to exceed the year's contribution to reserves.